How to get soft silky hair and grow it long?
Q I already use a moisturzing deep conditioner mask, leave in conditioner and shampoo and conditioner. I also use dry shampoo inbetween washes.
A That’s a good idea to use a mask, Make sure you leave the mask on for about 10 minutes, place either cling film or a swimming cap on then a towel on top of that; the cling film stops it from rubbing off on to the towel.
The towel is to help keep the heat on the head so the cuticles will open up more and allow the mask to work better, there is no point keeping the mask on all night because after about 15 minutes it will stop working.
Leave in conditioner is ok, (I prefer the washout type) but the mask is even better.
- Make sure you use the correct shampoo; I know that sounds a little obvious to say but the wrong shampoo can make your hair look dull and lifeless; I would purchase the shampoo from a professional hair salon where they can give you the correct advice.
- Make sure you get your hair regularly trimmed at least every two months as this will improve the outside shape of your style giving the impression of healthier looking hair.
- Limit hot irons to once a week maximum and use a hair product that will protect your hair from the hot irons or hairdryer.
- Use a nozzle at the end of your dryer as that will direct the heat onto the hair that you’re drying and not everywhere else.
- If you are drying your hair straight with a round brush make sure you rough dry your hair at least 50% first before you direct the brush on your hair, this will limit the time that your brush will be used on your hair. Try not to wash your hair every day as this will remove a lot of your natural oils, it’s the oils that help keep your hair shiny.
- Always lightly comb your hair just before you wash it, because when hair is wet it is at its most venerable state where it can snap, comb it again lightly with the conditioner on, only place the conditioner onto the middle and ends of hair (as the roots tend to go greasy) leave on for roughly 30 seconds then rinse out.
All the above should help you in achieving good quality and longer length hair, remember though some people’s hair will only grow to a certain length and then stop, the signs are if the ends of your hair look wispy and is beginning to snap, I’ve seen it many times before and my advice would be to cut it to a length where the ends look thicker and healthier.
There is so much more to say but I would need about 30 sheets of paper so I will stop here.
Have a great Christmas.
“This question was answerd by Stuart Phillips on Yahoo answers UK & Ireland.”